Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas on the Farm and in Our Own Little Town

This morning we woke up to a COLD morning in the 20s!!! But, we bundled up in winter coats, hats and gloves and headed to the farm where we celebrated Christmas Colonial style!

Then, this evening, we ventured to our little town's tree lighting celebration. I wish I could say this was an enjoyable experience of Christmas cheer, but it did not exactly turn out that way. Me and two tired, yet still very active kids, going in opposite directions makes for one exhausted mommy! If I wasn't climbing a large inflatable slide hauling a 26lb kid I was running stadiums in the amphitheater with that same 26lb kid - we'd run down together and then I'd lug him back up again and again and again. Or, he was climbing into the fountain as his sister was behind us scaling and jumping off of walls at the same time. We did see Santa coming into town on the back of a fire truck! This has to be the highlight of the night for sure! Stella's only concern was where the reindeer were. I told her they were hanging out at the fire station with the fireman! Sounded good to her so she let it go at that:)

Note: It is the day after our "stadium running" and my legs are SUPER SORE!!! Great workout, thanks son!:)




No comments: