Thursday, August 16, 2012

Water Park

I have been wanting to go to the water park all summer, and even bought a Groupon back in May to go, but did not want to have both kids there by myself. I was scared to death of having to keep an eye on both kids amidst all the chaos! Things just kept coming up over the summer that didn't allow us to get over there as a family of four.

 However, I found out earlier this week that Otter Creek(where I could use my Groupon) had changed their hours and would be closed for most of the rest of the summer. Today was the last day that we would be around to use it so I sucked it up and took them both - but had two other mommies there with older girls who can both swim and they helped out tremendously and I felt much more comfortable having 3 sets of eyes on 4 kids! Security in numbers!!

We spent two hours there but probably could have spent another two hours easily! What FUN!! I'm not sure who had more fun, me or the kids:) Everyone(except C-man but not for lack of wanting to ride them!) rode all the slides - even the super steep and high white slide - and the girls were so brave and loved it all!! C was able to go on the blue tube ride with me and had a blast! I think I have two little dare devils on my hands! Next summer we are most definitely going to make it a point to go more often!!  Maybe even an "adults only" day at the water park!

Picture #1 - S going on the green slide by herself.  I was at the bottom with C since he couldn't go and S went up with the other mommies.  When she went up, she had her swimmers on, but the lifeguard wouldn't let her wear it coming down so she had to take it off.  Boy was I surprised when Ms. Jessica held it up from the top of the slide where she was still standing to show me that S was coming down swimmer-free!!  That was the end of her wearing it for the rest of the time we were there and that was probably in the first 20 minutes! 

Picture #2 - S and Olivia Kate coming down the blue tube slide by themselves!  Note the white slide and see how steep it looks!  All three of the girls went down that one by themselves!  I was at the bottom watching and they looked so tiny!  I held my breath when it was S's turn and didn't breathe again till she got out at the bottom!

Picture #3 - C and I coming down the blue tube slide!  It was dark inside at the top and I was worried he would freak out, but he had a great time and after the second or third time was saying "whoop whoop" when we'd go over the little bumps and around the corners! 

Pictures #4-6 - These are pretty self explanatory!  We played in the splashground area and all got sopping wet - even the mommies!  I think we were all feeling like kids again by this point!
 





1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! I totally want to go now!