Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sprayground and Monkey Joe's

C has not been sleeping well while we've been in Atlanta and he was so bad last night that I required a nap this morning before I could function properly! So, Gigi watched the kids while I managed a couple more hours of sleep and then I was ready. But, now Gigi needed a nap - HA! The kids and I got out of the house to give her some quiet and went to a nearby park where they had a sprayground, two awesome playgrounds, walking trails along the Chattahoochee and so much more fun stuff! It was an overcast day which made it more enjoyable for us all and I think it kept the crowds away! Both kids loved the sprayground and I think C could have stayed there all day, but S got too cold(the only drawback of not having the sun out!) so we decided to change into warm clothes and go play on the playgrounds and check out the river! We all played and played and right as we pulled out of the parking lot the skies opened up and it rained in buckets! SO very glad we weren't another two minutes leaving! I felt sorry for the families that were out in the field having picnics - I know that they had to have gotten absolutely drenched!!

After some great naps for both of the kids, we met Uncle Bobby and his girlfriend, Jennifer, at Monkey Joe's!  A rainy Saturday afternoon meant this place was super crowded!  Thankfully, we had five adults watching two kids - that never happens!:)  Even though it was pure craziness, it was nice to see and visit with them for a couple hours!