Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Little Mermaid Jr.

Several weeks ago I found out that the local children's theater was doing The Little Mermaid, Jr. and I bought tickets thinking S would really love it... she did!!

I didn't tell her where we were going and as we were walking up to the building she finally recognized it as the place that we saw Annie last year!  She was so so so excited!

The performance was GREAT!  The costumes and set were amazing and the kids doing the performance were just awesome!  

After the show, we were able to meet the cast and get some autographs.  S opted for Ariel's and Flounder's and that was all she wanted.  She said that her favorite was Flounder and I have to agree!  The little girl who played Flounder was only 10 years old and nailed the part!  

S told me she wanted to be in a play sometime.  When looking through the playbill, I noticed that although there were some kindergartners, the majority were 2nd grade and older.  So, maybe in a couple of years it will be her up there on stage:)  






No comments: