Thursday, October 10, 2013

1st Kindergarten Field Trip - Sky Top

Today was a big day for Little Miss S!

She went on her first field trip as a kindergarten which also meant she was able to ride a school bus for the very first time!!!  She came home and told M that was her favorite part:)

This field trip was to Sky Top Apple Orchard.  On the ride up, her and her friend Kyrah were bouncing off the walls so I gave them my phone to play with and they were so cute together - not to mention it let me focus on the road in front of me and not getting motion sick!

When we got there the kids were released like a pack of wild animals onto the playground.  I mean, seriously, they were CRAZY after having sat for so long on the bus!  I felt sorry for any other parents there with their little preschoolers trying to get the cute apple orchard pictures - this group took over Sky Top!

After getting all the wiggles out, the kids learned a bit about the orchard, we took a hay ride, picked apples, ate lunch and then played on the playground before loading up and heading back to the school!  WHEW!!!  I think the moms were more worn out then the kids!

When telling M about her day, she paid me the best most unexpected compliment - she said that I was the nicest chaperon there!!!  And I always call myself the "mean Mommy"!

I loved spending the day with my girl and her friends and can't wait for the next field trip!!

S and her friend Kyrah on the bus.

Group shot at the playground.

Lining up to go learn about the orchard.

Listening.... well, they would be if I would leave them alone:)

Holding hands to go pick apples.

Hayride!

VERY hungry kids finally getting to enjoy lunch!

No comments: