Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall for Greenville

I said last year that I wouldn't do it again, but I did!

I took the kids to Fall for Greenville solo... and it wasn't as bad as last year's experience!

They were forced to ride, and stay, in the double stroller as we made our way down Main Street and through all of the vendors!  I had looked online this morning at a map and figured out how many tickets I was going to need, where all the "kid food" was going to be, and where Soby's was located(I was determined to get a crab cake and this was my main driving force behind going to Fall for Greenville if I am being completely honest!!)!

We got there right as the event was starting so we didn't have to wait in lines and I could still maneuver the stroller easily.  Things were great, I got the kids pizza and nachos(their first experience with nachos and they are now fans!) and myself the coveted Soby's crab cake!  We sat and ate and people watched for a bit and when the kids started getting restless I got them each a cookie and we went and listened to one of the bands play!  When the band took a break, I decided to start heading toward the car with one more stop to get cupcakes before we hit the road.  By this time, the kids were getting irritable, the crowds were becoming big enough that it was hard to get the stroller through and Mommy was about at the end of her sanity!  But, we found the cupcakes, devoured those delicious things off and then made it to the car!

We were there about an 1.5 hours total, and the kids did really well for about the first hour!  So, much better than last year and it gives me hope that next year will actually(maybe) be a pleasant experience for the entire time we are there rather than just the first part of it!

Happy Fall Y'all!







No comments: