Wednesday, June 30, 2010

D Day!

Well, today is my due date and still no baby:(

HOWEVER...
I went to the dr this morning because this little guy was not moving much last night and this morning and usually he moves non-stop, especially at night!!! It made me a bit nervous and I didn't really want to wait until my appt tomorrow. They got me in and did an NST and ultrasound. He wasn't moving a whole lot, but he was doing good and they were not concerned too much about him. I had a few good contractions too while on the monitor that were about 5 minutes apart - nothing new there, I'm always having contractions they just don't do anything for me!! When the dr checked me, I was 2cm dilated and 60% effaced so we decided to go with the induction since this was an improvement from last week at 1cm and 30% effaced. I was personally hoping she'd say that I was 4 cm and ready to go to the hospital to have the baby, but it didn't quite go like that:)
It is weird to have time to get things together and plan a little before going to the hospital. I was even able to get a quick little nap in:) Now my mind is going about 100mph of stuff to do before we leave:) So, instead of doing anything, I'm doing nothing and eating as much as I can before heading to the hospital- HA!
But, nonetheless, unless by some craziness our baby boy arrives tonight, we will be holding him tomorrow(birthday will be July 1st, like my grandmother's) and S will be a big sister!!!!!!!!


No comments: