Friday, July 2, 2010

Colton Blaine Bishop

He made it and is precious as can be - although I am a little biased!!!!!

Colton Blaine Bishop was born 7/1/2010 at 5:28pm. He weighed 8lb5oz and was 21.25 inches long!

I went in for induction at 4am on 7/1. They started the pitocin at 7:30am and about 10 hours later our little man made it into the world!!!!! The doctors and nurses were awesome and the experience I had with this birth was amazing:)

We did have one little hiccup along the way when Colton's cord burst in half during delivery. I tell you, it was a MESS all over the place and kinda scary once I figure out what had happened! He lost some blood during the process and they have since been checking his hemoglobin levels ever 7 hours or so. As of now, the levels look good and have gone back up, and he is not looking to have to have a transfusion.

Our first night in the hospital was a rough one without much sleep. I think all of us slept a total of less than 2 hours. Poor little guy, I think it was gas - isn't that what we always think it must be when they are this age:) I am praying that tonight goes a little smoother and that we can rest some more!

S met her baby brother this morning and was awesome with him! She was such a little mommy to him and wanted to hold him and take care of him and soothe away any crying. He is her baby and he apparently only wants her to hold him! It was so sweet to watch her with him:) Jana Candler came to take pics of Colton this morning and was able to capture the first time S held her little brother. It made me almost cry!! I am so, so, so glad that we were able to capture it in pictures:)

The grandparents also have met Colton. My in-laws were able to come up last night and visit with him for a bit while M went home and spent some time with S and put her to bed before heading back to the hospital for the night. My mom came in this morning and my dad this afternoon! We have the troupes here ready for action to take care of this itty, bitty tiny little baby! HAHAH!!! How many people does it take??

Here are a few pictures Jana took this morning. Trust me, MANY more to follow:)

Thank you Lord for our sweet little miracle!!






2 comments:

W and Js mommy said...

precious! I love that you have those first moments with big sister to always remember! I will always have the one of william holding Jay out....its just one of those times that I want to always remember! Congrats! Can't wait to meet Colton! Love you

Kate said...

Congratulations Caroline and family! He's too cute, and I love these first photos. What a wonderful way to treasure these memories. Love to you all!