Friday, May 1, 2020

Social Distancing - Week 7

Monday - Well, here we go, another week!  Today the kids finished their school work in the morning while I went for a quick walk in the neighborhood and then we headed to the hospital parking lot where we watched two F-16s fly over!  It was pretty cool - and more people than I'd seen at one time in weeks!  So nice to see!!!  We then had to go by my office to pick up some things so that I could get some work done at home and then when we got home the kids got busy with some Shrinky Dinks and S joined her ballet class on Zoom.






Tuesday - We were up early, early today for C's dermatologist appointment.  He has a wart on his finger that we've been trying to get rid of for months!  He's been to the dermatologist every few weeks and have had them freeze it each time.  This time, the doctor was arriving just as we were and she said she would go in and check us in and then come back and take care of him at the car.  Works for us!  Then, finally!  We broke out today and met the Similas to do some hiking at Blue Wall Preserve!  Oh my how I have missed people!!  We hiked for hours and talked and just enjoyed being together!  We then went and got lunch and picnicked in the back parking lot of Panera.







Spotted a frog;)


The kids had their first honeysuckle!

All of the girls had picked flowers and put them in their hair - and check out
the little cutie in the middle!!



Wednesday - Another day of being up super early!  This time for me to go to work and take both of the kids with me!  It's getting old for all of us!  We were there several hours and then the kids were rewarded with a stop at Dillard's Ice Cream.  There, C was so excited, we ran into his best friend, Gavin!  Oh they were like puppies getting see each other!  When we came home, I was worn completely out so I let them play their electronics while I caught up on Downton Abbey and made dinner!  Whew!  No pictures - just surviving!

Thursday - First up, S's orthodontist appointment!  Thank goodness!  We'd already had to reschedule because of the stupid corona virus, and we were so glad they opened back up yesterday and were able to get our appointment in today!  But, it's disappointing, because she missed her appointment and was pushed back about 5 weeks, she is now 2 months longer in her braces!  What a mess!  So very, very frustrating!!!!  We then went by both schools and returned their library books that they'd still had checked out.  I got home just in time for my tele-visit with my doctor which was really nice because I didn't need to have an in-person visit or have to drive all the way there and it only took 15 minutes!  I'll take that any day!  S typically has more work to do than C, so while she finished up, him and I went to the grocery.  He's been working on a huge rubber band ball the past couple of weeks, so he got some more to add and that kept him busy for a while when we got home.  S finished her work and the kids went outside to play and ended up somehow getting their shoes all muddy and tracking in on the driveway.  M hates mud on his driveway - which I think if pretty funny and quite ridiculous myself.  But, the kids know this about him too and when I came out to get them for dinner I found them scrubbing the driveway with soapy water trying to get rid of the evidence before M came home and saw it!  Only M's kids would be doing this!!

She was NOT thrilled about being set back two months, but
she was agreeable for a picture!

Rubber band ball in the works!

Poor kid scrubbing the driveway clean! LOL!

Friday - TGIF!  I feel like I can feel the tides starting to change!  Please, please, please!  The kids finished up their week of work and we all got our haircut because our hairdresser made a house call and got us all prettied up!  SO thankful!!  And, we are beyond ready for the weekend!



No comments: