Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Fun Day

Friday after I picked the kids up from school, I was in the mood to do something fun and different!  

After a bit of research, I settled on going to a new bookstore in downtown Greenville to hear a Tacky the Penguin book, meet Tacky, color and have a snack!  

After this, Artisphere was going on throughout the city so we walked through the street and checked out the vendors, before reaching the next destination, the sprayground by the river!  Oh did they have fun!!!!!!  We will definitely be making another trip downtown for this free water time!  They would have stayed all night if they hadn't gotten too cold.  Plus, we had one more stop before heading home, an Indian restaurant.  

S and I have been studying Kaya, the American Girl doll who was a Native American Indian.  To finish out the study, we had Indian food(and, yes, I KNOW that we were studying the Native American Indians and eating food of the India Indians, but we looked past this little technicality! HAHA!!).  We had naan(bread), Tandoori Chicken Tikka for me(I was up all night with an upset stomach due to the spiciness, but it was delicious while I was eating it) and nuggets for the kids(I wasn't sure they would eat anything else, but gave them tastes of mine, which they hated!) and finished off the meal with Kulfi Badam Pista(similar to ice cream - S loved it, C didn't care much for it)!  

It was a fun, different way to spend a Friday!!

high fives!


I was SUPER impressed at C's drawing of Tacky and the fact that all on his
own he sounded out Tacky's name... and was pretty darn close too!!

I plan to take S back at some point for a reading date with me!:)

Artisphere inspired bridge flags make for a pretty backdrop!



C decided to go shirtless...

And S decided to go skirtless!  Whatever!!


Dinner at India Palace


No comments: