Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Art Day

During the fall I had purchased a 3-pass deal to the CAT Studio for me and C to use!

We had one left, and I decided that today would be a great day to use it!  Well.... apparently this week is the last week before the morning "table time" classes are over for the summer and I think half of Greenville was also cashing in on their unused deals!  It was more crowded than I have ever seen!  I couldn't even park in the driveway/parking spots of the studio and had to park in the front lawn and was so so so scared that my car was going to be painted - I'm serious!

C knew just what to do this time and went straight for the sand box... of course, we are at an art studio and he wants to play in the sand!  HA!  Next we spent quite a bit of time doing spin art and then went outside to paint the house and trees and bushes and windows... just please not my car!!!  To my surprise, C wanted to come back in and do some more art!  What!?!?!  We went to the moon sand table and spent the rest of our time there while he balled up the moon sand and then meticulously used scissors(he invented this activity as the plan had been to use play dough molds, not scissors, at this station!) to cut and cut and cut!  We did this for a solid 20 minutes!  Then it was snack time which you better believe we will not be missing out on!

C gets more and more into the artsy stuff the more we do it!  I'm happy that he seems be enjoying it more than he did in the fall and, although I doubt he will ever enjoy it as much as his sister, it is good to know that we can do this kind of stuff and he is not completely bored/uninterested:)




They thoroughly enjoyed painting this mushroom!

See how close my car was to all the painting little ones!?!?!

He insisted upon painting the windows!

Aren't those hanging sticks neat??

Those were the very pointy kind of scissors he was using!

No comments: