Saturday, April 26, 2014

Wee Ball

Today both of the kids had their first Wee Ball practice!!!

The program is technically for 4-7 year-olds, but because he had a sister also playing, C was able to jump on the band wagon as well:)

The practices are for 3 Saturdays and 1 Friday evening and that is all!  It is just up the street, like seriously 2 minutes, so it is perfect for us to get a taste of "baseball"!

M had to work, so I took the kids to practice with a book in my purse and had glorious plans of sitting in the covered picnic area to watch and read while the kids played!  Are you already laughing!?!?  It did not quite work out that way... at all!  Also, keep in mind that I applied sunscreen to both kids but since I had not planned on being in the sun, I failed to do the same for myself!

When we arrived, both kids got a bag of goodies consisting of team shirts, hats and water bottles.  To say they were excited is an understatement!!  They also had wristbands for each kid, colored to show which of the 3 groups they would be in.  I opted to have the kids in different groups so as not to be a distraction to each other.  In hindsight, that was not the best decision I've ever made!  There were 3 groups and 3 stations set up - throwing, fielding/base running and batting.

During the first session, S was batting and I was able to help her out some and spend some time with her group but soon realized that I was going to need to stay with C the whole time.  It was to the point that the "coaches" thought he was a lefty.  Slightly humorous, but Ugh!  He was the youngest participant, I believe, and although he did great at the actual skills(that is, once they got him using his right arm and batting as a righty), his maturity and the ability to follow directions was a little lacking!

I thoroughly enjoyed being out on the field, but I do believe that next weekend I will have both of the kids in the same group because I honestly have no idea how S did because I was pretty much with C the whole time - and I will also put sunscreen on all three of us in the future!  HA!!

Ready to Play Ball!



Team Photo

C hearing all about how to run the bases - he had NO CLUE before today!:)

And, he's off :)

S batting

Check out that follow through!

S ready to field the ball - look at that stance:)

C batting

S batting
After practice was over, we took a picnic to the park and the kids made friends and played for a while and ate lunch before I surprised them with a trip to Dairy Queen for Blizzards!  They were over the moon!  We also took Daddy a Blizzard as well over at the new house where he had been working all morning!  Then, finally, we made it home for some much needed rest:)



I think this princess looks quite cute in a ball jersey and hat!

No comments: