Friday, November 8, 2013

Boosterthon

I'm not much on the idea of school fundraisers, but being in the public school system, I don't really get to express my feelings on this.  SO, it is just the beginning of November and today we completed S's second fundraising event!

If I am going to have to be involved with fundraising events, this was a fun one to do!  The kids received pledges for running laps at their Boosterthon Fun Run and then ran today to see how many laps they could complete in the allotted time!  I was very glad to be able to be there to support her and help out all at the same time.  The kindergartners ran first at 8:30am so we were all bundled up as it was freezing out there!  I enjoyed watching how excited all the kids were to be there and then my job was to help grab them every time they crossed the start/finish line and mark their shirt indicating that they'd run a lap.  ALL the kindergartners, at the SAME TIME - CHAOS!!!

I left my post a couple of times to run with S for a few laps and then walked a victory lap with her at the end:)  She ran 32 of the 35 max allowed laps which I was very impressed with!  The teachers then went behind and marked every one's shirt to 35 to get the most money for everything  - HA!

It was a fun morning and I'm happy to have been there for my running girl!:)



No comments: