Thursday, January 31, 2013

Without Daddy Again

We've been "doing life" without Daddy again these past several days!

In addition to going to Runway Cafe and loosing a tooth, we've been having fun and not cooking and going to bed early for the kids and late for me:)  HAHA!

Pictures:
C loves sitting on potty.  I guess you can say this is a good thing and it is him getting ready for the whole potty training thing.  However, I do not enjoy it at all!!  He sat on this potty for no less than 30 minutes.  I was able to prepare dinner and get his room cleaned up while he just sat, but he also screamed and threw a fit when I told him it was time to eat.  He asks all.the.time to sit on the potty.  I'd let him if he sat about 5-10 minutes and then was ready to move on to other things, but him sitting there for about forever it tough:)  He is cute sitting up there, so I guess it's not that bad! 

C and I went to the park and enjoyed the 70* weather on Tuesday while S was at dance.  We spent almost an hour and a half there and it was gorgeous!! 

S loves to do crafts!!  I mean, she is obsessed:)  Since C could care less and pretty much just frustrates us when he is around a craft, I usually reserve our craft time for when C actually takes a nap - which happens about once a week or so!  I ordered S a year subscription for the Kiwi Crate as a Christmas present.  This was our 2nd crate and we love it!!  They send you the directions for about 3 different crafts all all the supplies you'll need to do them each month.  I love it because the worse part about doing crafts was getting all the supplies together and hunting around the house for what I need and then taking multiple trips to Target or Hobby Lobby.  This is much easier and probably cheaper in the long run and the crafts are very cute!

Wednesday evening we had a tornado warning during dinner time.  I was home alone with the kids and it kinda worried me, so I had prepared the back hallway in the event that a tornado was coming!  I had dinner cooking and about the time I was getting ready to serve it out, my phone sent off an alarm and the TV news announced that we were now under a tornado warning(which is worse than a watch).  I told the kids to go get back in the hallway and then I brought us dinner.  It was great at first but then the kids got crazy and rowdy and loud and back in that little area with the three of had the walls feel like they were closing in on us!  They loved every minute of it though!  When the warning was over, which was about 30 minutes, I catapulted out of the hall!  Glad it was over but even more glad that we didn't have to endure an actual tornado!!






1 comment:

Amanda said...

I still remember having to do this a few times as a child and thought it was so fun. Hopefully they will to! How do I get alerts on my phone?