Wednesday, January 30, 2013

S Lost Her 1st Tooth!!

S lost her first tooth yesterday just before we left for dance class!!!!!!

She came into my room and showed me how loose it was and I told her to pull on it and see what happened:)  She said "NO, it will hurt!" but she was brave and gave it an oh-so-small tug and out it came!  AWESOME!!!!!!  She was beside herself!

I'm so proud of her for being brave and she is already working hard on getting her next one out - and it won't be long because it is super-loose as well!

Last night the tooth fairy made her first stop at the Bishop house:)  When S's tooth started getting really loose, I ordered her a pillow for her to put the tooth in.  It turned out so cute!  Anyway, she had the tooth inside the little pocket of the pillow hanging on the easel in her room.  I went in there to get it and could not for the life of me get the tooth out of the pointed little bottom of that pocket.  I had to go into the bathroom to try and get it out of there!  In the meantime, S wakes up and says "Huh?  What are you doing?"  I freak out and say "Nothing, just checking on you, go back to sleep!" and closed the door quickly so that the light from the bathroom wouldn't show the fact that her pillow was gone.  Whew!  Lucky enough, she was too out of it to realize what I was doing.  I waited about an hour and took the money-filled tooth pillow back into her room and hung it back on the easel.  I was so scared this time!!! I'd already concocted a story in my head if she woke up again and caught me with the pillow in my hand:)  I do not make a very good tooth fairy! 

But, all was well in the morning and I don't even think she remembered me waking her up!  She was so excited to see that the tooth fairy had given her FIVE dollars!  I had to make sure she realized that this was a one time deal because it was her first tooth and not to expect the tooth fairy to be so generous the next time:)  It was fun to watch her so excited about all of this!  I guess we will probably be doing it all again in the next week or so for tooth #2 - this time I need to convince her to not put her tooth so far down in that pillow pocket!!!


2 comments:

Amy and Michael said...

LOVE the pillow she has! What a cute idea! Wow...that is a nice tooth fairy! Way to go Stella. You are one brave girl!

Jessica said...

Brave girl!!! I'm reading this aloud to Tessa when I realize I have to edit so she doesn't figure out that toothfaries are actually moms!