Friday, October 12, 2012

K4 Orchard/Pumpkin Patch Field Trip

This morning S's class had their 2nd field trip!  This time they went to Fisher's Orchard where the picked apples, pumpkins, petted some animals and took a tractor-pulled hay ride!  S had a ball with her friends!  I was not able to join them on this field trip as parents are only allowed to go on 1 field trip:(  Makes me sad!  HOWEVER, because there is not a bus for the kids to ride at S's school, the chaperons are the ones that drive the kids.  I did not know any of the chaperons personally that were going on this field trip and was not comfortable sending S in a car with someone I didn't know(yes, I am maybe a bit over-protective but that is just how it is!).  I chose to drive her myself but was not allowed to join the group while they toured the orchard but also had to stay "in my car in the parking lot" and wait.  Hmmm... with a 2-year-old that is just not happening for TWO hours!  Soo... I came prepared with my jogging stroller and ran a couple of miles up and down the very hilly street and then went to the church at the edge of the orchard and let C play on the playground.  We got back to the parking lot with about 15 minutes to spare.  Not too bad! 

And, luckily, a friend of mine who has a little girl in S's class also drove her child and had a camera with her and got a couple of pictures for me!

C and I had fun playing and S had fun on her field trip so it was an all around great morning!:)



No comments: