Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hooker Falls and Pretty Place

Over the weekend, when M and I went to the mountains, there were a couple of things that I wanted to do but we ran out of time.  So, why not let the kids enjoy our beautiful fall mountains!?!? 

The kids and I drove up to Dupont State Park after C's speech session and enjoyed our .25 mile hike/run to Hooker Falls!  We were able to see it from the viewing area at the top and then go down to the bottom and play on the rocks at the bottom.  I honestly think they were more interested in the rocks than in the waterfall itself...whatever, they had fun!  Then, we hiked/ran back to the car, although the last few hundred yards I ended up carrying C and bribing S with juice waiting for her at the car to get them back to the parking lot!  There are 2 other waterfalls within a mile of the parking lot and I would have loved to have seen those as well, but I quit while we were ahead - HA!:)

On the way home we drove into Camp Greenville, home of "Pretty Place"/Symmes Chapel.  It was an absolutely gorgeous drive through the woods and the chapel did not disappoint!  I have been there once before a long time ago and it was awesome to see the kids enjoy it too!  S was most enthralled with the quotes and scriptures written on the plaques along the front and C was most interested in going up and down the stairs and threatening to jump over the front wall while stealing the decorative rocks from along the side of the chapel!  I'm glad they both had fun and I'm glad that I was able to see this jewel of a place right in my own "backyard" of Upstate South Carolina!










1 comment:

Amy and Michael said...

What beautiful pictures! Love the one with the cross and the kids in the background and the waterfall!