Friday, September 7, 2012

Haircut and Carpool Lines

Today was the first day for this year that S was at school and it was just me and Little Man:) 

We first went to the gym where he walked in without me handing him off for the first time!  Hooray!  He never cries when I leave him, but I've always had to hand him off into someone else's arms and then they put him down.  I dunno what the difference is really, but that is just how he has always been.  He is the same way at church and a lot of times at school although by the end of last year he was walking in by himself.  Hopefully this is the start of a little independence for him!

Then we went and got C's haircut at a "boys only" haircut place!  There were "big boys"(men my age-ish) getting their hair cut too and football on many TVs.  C has always made sure that he sits in my lap and also has never been one to wear the smock to keep the hair off of him.  Today was a big day - he sat by himself on a little booster seat thing AND wore the smock!  He did a GREAT job and was such a big boy!  I was so proud of him!  He kept asking for Daddy(I guess because all the other guys in there were about Daddy's age?) and I told him next time he and Daddy could go together to get their haircuts.  He was so excited about this and talked about it the rest of the morning and afternoon!

I made sure we were in the carpool line extra early today because we had lunch plans with friends from out of town and the carpool line on Fridays is ridiculously long!!  Neither of my kids are fans of sitting in a car and waiting and today was no different!  C did well, though, and we played with pretty much every.single.thing in the car during our wait!  It was well worth it as we were able to have a fun lunch with friends! 

Happy Friday!:)







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The haircut makes C look sooo much older...so handsome!!