Wednesday, September 5, 2012

1st Day of School

The much awaited and much anticipated first day of school arrived!!  WooHoo!

I treated the kids to cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning in celebration of the new school year!  They were pumped about them and devoured them in no time at all! 

S started her last first day of preschool.  Her teacher seems to cheerful and organized and I think we are really going to love her!  S is going to be going Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.  She knows many of the kids in her class from seeing them on the playground last year, but is really good friends with three of them!  As soon as we walked in she was playing and hardly even waved bye!  I'd say she's going to have a great year!

C started MMO for two-year-olds.  He will be going on Wednesday mornings this year.  His teachers seem fabulous as well!!  I recognize them from last year but because we missed open house last week, I've never had a chance to meet them before and with C you just have to drop him at the door and go away fast so I didn't get o chat with them much or get a picture with my little man on his first day!  Many of the kids that were in his class last year are with him again this year so hopefully that will be a source of comfort for the year!  When I picked him up they said that he had a great day!

Last year I started the tradition with S to list her favorites and continued the tradition this year.  Here is her list:
TV Show - DocMcStuffins
Food - Nutella
Best Friend - Jesus(she really said this - I am so proud of her!)
Candy - Marshmallows
Color - Pink
Book - Wonder Pets (but I think that is because it is the last book I read to her)
Activity - Playing with C-man (I 'bout cried when she said this!  For as much as they fight, they really do love each other!)
What she wants to be - Farmer

I'm going to start the same for C this year, although it won't be him telling me the answers, I'm just going to fill them in myself.  Here goes:
TV Show - Bob the Builder, Thomas the Train (although he will only watch for maybe 10 minutes before he is done!)
Food - French fries
Best Friend - S
Candy - Marshmallows
Color - ??
Book - Elmo books and Thomas books
Activity - Playing with S and his bulldozers/trains/tractors
What he wants to be - ??

We are off to a great start for the school year and I am looking forward to seeing how much they grow over the next several months!





No comments: