Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tea Party

This afternoon a friend of ours had a fancy tea party!  It was during C's nap time, so at first I wasn't sure we'd be able to go.  BUT, lucky for me(and S), Jessica and Tessa let her ride there with them and the Mommy who planned this sweet tea party was so nice to allow S to attend unsupervised!  I'm so so so glad it worked out for S to go!  She was bouncing off the walls and literally could not sit still in anxious anticipation of the event!  She got a mid-day bath so that her hair could be pretty, dressed in her fancy dress and her and her doll, Hallie, were off to S's very first tea!  No detail was left undone - china, linen napkins and table cloths, petit fours, tea, straw hat crafts made for the dollies, princess games and the list goes on and on.  It was perfect!  When C got up from his nap I was able to go and make it for the last little bit of the party and the girls were obviously in "fancy" heaven!  It was such a treat for these sweet girls and I am loving this idea of a tea party and thinking that it may need to be a tradition(hint, hint, Chelle!!). 






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, soo cute!!

Chelle said...

I agree with the tradition idea...it's one that will grow with them. I'm so glad S had a good time-we did too!