Friday, July 13, 2012

Art Camp

This week S has been at art camp!  She loves her some art and this week was such a growing and learning experience for her!  She was one of the younger ones at camp, but that did not slow her down at all!  She was able to learn, to some degree anyway, about different artists and styles.  And, I can't forget to mention that she used a nail gun(yikes!) and a sewing machine(she got to use one before I did!  HA!!). How awesome!  I have never been a super artsy person, but I was extremely involved in the arts(of the music variety) for many, many years - and maybe one day I'll pick it up again!  This was a great way to introduce S to art and hopefully instill in her a love for it!  She told me she loved it and thanked me for letting her go - not to forget that she wants to do it again next year!:)

She went everyday this week and has not told me much about it at all!  She kept it a secret for today's Art Show!  However, I've been able to keep up with what she's been doing because the art studio sends daily emails about what they've done and they post pictures on Facebook so the parents can actually see the kids at work!  Awesome!

All of the artists were treated and expected to act just like "real" artists!  After we watched the parade of artists walk through while we clapped(S was first in line and I wasn't ready with the camera!), we followed them into the studio.  They showed us around to all of their pieces, explained what they did, answered questions about their art, offered and served refreshments to their guests and acted like true artists - and, honestly, they were!  S was so proud of all her art and loved showing it off!  I loved seeing it and even more I loved seeing the pride in her face at all she'd done!! 

What a great week!!
























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..what a great experience!!