Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Reading Program

We finished our summer reading program requirements and went to the library to trade in for our prizes!! 

S read(or listened to Mommy read) over 80 books since we started a month ago!  I think I should be rewarded too - HA!  She has loved having all this reading on a daily basis!  Last year for the reading program we barely read 40 books in two months.  Yay us!  I think it because C doesn't require near as much attention as he did this time last year:)  She received a medal, a water park pass, Greenville Drive baseball ticket, pencil and a few other little toys.  She was so so so excited with her loot:) 

The reading program for the under age 3 group was different this year and required you to do interactive activities with your baby.  I'll tell ya, it was easier for me to just read like I did for S instead of, say, drawing the alphabet in the sand(or dirt in our case) and pointing out the letters to C!  But, we did all of them, and C was able to get a free Mother Goose board book.  He was pretty thrilled with it for about 30 seconds and then was off to the next thing:) 

I love that we have a chance to read with our kids and are very motivated to do so when free stuff is involved! I enjoyed the reading this past month and will continue to read read read with my kids since they both seem to enjoy it as well!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

that look on C's face is hilarious!

Amy and Michael said...

Wow - what a great job Stella! And Stella you should make mommy a banana split for helping you reach your goal ;)