Saturday, June 9, 2012

Touch a Truck and Saturday Market

My plans this morning had involved a girls' cooking morning with Amanda to stock her freezer before baby boy arrives!  Which I was very much looking forward to!!  However, M got sick which left me with the kids so no girls' morning:(  Bummed!! 

I tried to make the most of it and decided to take the kids to the downtown Saturday Market!  I've been wanting to go since we went several years ago.  I also knew this weekend was Touch a Truck down there too making it even more of a draw for the kids.  And,even though I feel like every weekend at our house is "touch a truck" this was still different!  Yup, they LOVED it!!

They each sat on all the trucks(fire truck, trolley, school bus, cop car - our friend was the cop that was down there with his car so that was cool, excavators, tractor - couldn't get C off this and when I did he threw a royal fit!, box trucks, etc.), C found the keys in the ignition of the SWAT truck and was very close to cranking it up before the cop stopped him, my bum was on TV with News Channel 7(see the video at the very beginning - I have on the purple shirt and brown shorts up in the door of the Penske truck), the kids ate an entire container of blueberries while strolling through the market(racing to shove them in their mouths as fast as they could so that the other couldn't have any - competitive little boogers!!) and we came home with more blueberries, blackberries and a blueberry cream cheese scone!  OH YES!!!  It was fun:)












No comments: