Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chick-fil-A

S is in dance camp this week(a post on that later!) so I have some time with just me and C!  Yesterday we went to the gym - I know, so exciting - so today I wanted to do something fun with him. 

The Chick-fil-A down the street had advertised having all the cows out during the morning and a story time with Kid Cow.  We arrived early and C played and had an absolute blast in the play area with just me and him!  He was so so so happy!  And, of course, as it happens about 80% of the time we go to Chick-fil-A, C has a dirty.  Typical!:)  A quick change and we decide to have a little snack before story time.  I situate us right in front of where the chairs are set up for the reading so we don't have to move when the cow comes.  Timing was perfect!  We finish the snack and just as we do the cow comes out.  OH BOY!!  I didn't realize C was not a fan!  He immediately stuck that bottom lip out, and wanted O.U.T. of his highchair.  So, I held him during the story time:) HA!  It was humorous!  Every time the cow waved or interacted with any of the kids there, C would say "NO" and turn himself back around.  He spent the majority of the time snuggled up into my shoulder.  I didn't want to leave, though, because I wanted him to maybe, just maybe, warm up to the cow so that next time he wouldn't be scared.  He did get a little better towards the end, I wouldn't say "comfortable", and said "bye-bye" to the cow - but would not even accept a balloon from the employee on the cow's behalf.  I couldn't help but laugh!

We played a little longer in the play area(we were at Chick-fil-A for TWO HOURS!! HAHA!!) and then headed to Barnes and Noble before picking S up from dance.  I did the summer reading program that B&N offers and was ready to trade in S's reading log for a free book!  AWESOME!!  I have never taken either of the kids to B&N before and now I don't know why!  I think we could have easily spent another 2 hours here!  C loved sitting in the kiddie chairs and reading the Thomas books and the tractor books!  I LOVE bookstores and could easily spend a small fortune in one:)  I'm a nerd!  I contained myself and ended up leaving with a free book for S(Fancy Nancy!) and a truck book for C.  I think I did pretty well to stick with just those two things!

It was a good morning for just me and the boy!








1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's the most dainty looking cow ever! But you again with the most creative ways to pass the time!