Thursday, June 28, 2012

Poinsett Bridge, Bubbles and Butterflies

Today didn't go quite as planned. After speech this morning, we were going to go to the pool with some friends and hang out for a few hours and have lunch. But, as he has been the past several days, C was CRANKY!! I mean, so so AWFUL!! I had to call and tell our friends we wouldn't be there because I didn't want to subject others to this behavior! I don't know if is because he doesn't feel good(yucky nose and not much sleep are possibilities) or if the terrible twos are starting! I'm hoping it is a little cold that will pass and I'll have my happy boy back!

Sooo... we changed plans! I took the kids up to Poinsett Bridge with a scavenger hunt in hand to "explore"! We walked around up top for a while and I hesitated to let them know that going down to the creek was even a possibility. I thought certainly I would be fishing kids out of the water. But, I felt brave and showed them the way down! And to say that had a blast in an understatement! They could have spent all day down there throwing rocks into the creek:) Next time I think I'll bring a picnic and spend even more time there!

We rounded out the afternoon making 4th of July strawberries, homemade bubbles and, very exciting, Molly the Butterfly was born! She came earlier than expected, I'm guessing because of how warm it has been! I thought it would be Saturday or Sunday that she arrived, but was thrilled to see her today! S insisted on taking her to our neighbor's house to release her since Mrs. Anne is the expert on butterflies. What a beautiful little butterfly she was and probably the most loved one out there - S LOVES her animals!

  Now, we've gotten our Vitamin D in for the next few days and plan to spend some time INSIDE over the weekend as it is going to be 100+ degrees the next 4-5 days!


















No comments: