Friday, April 20, 2012

Trike-A-Thon

This morning S's school had a Trike-A-Thon to support St. Jude. They were to bring their bicycles and helmets and were going to be riding around the parking lot! I had some serious reservations about this! I was very concerned that she would fall off her bike because she is not super steady/confidant on it and she would bang up her face and we have family pictures scheduled for tomorrow(assuming the rain doesn't spoil that plan!). But, they talked about the ride and bike safety all week at school and she was so excited and really wanted to do it. I was torn! SO, I volunteered to help:) That way I could be there, right by her side, should I need to be!
I need not to have worried! She looked like a pro out there and was going so fast!! I had C-man in one arm on one hip and the camera in my other hand so there was no keeping up with my little speed demon! She had a great time and a smile on her face the entire time - and didn't crash!!!!!!!!!
C and I cheered her and her classmates on as they went around and around and around on their bikes! After a great ride by everyone, we headed to the playground for a Popsicle treat for all the hard work riding... and cheering!
I'm glad I let her do it and I'm glad I was there to watch and support her!



No comments: