Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ready for School

S is so excited about kindergarten! Mind you, she'll only be in k4 next year so she is preparing a little early, but I'm using it to my advantage! I tell her she needs to learn this or do that before she goes to kindergarten so she'll be ready! It really helps her to get motivated to learn because she does not like to have me teaching her - I could never home school!!

Here she is when she came out of her room. This is my backpack from when I was little. I told her we could get her her own, new backpack for kindergarten but she insisted that she wanted to take this one. Okay, works for me! We'll see if she still thinks that when it comes time to go to "big school" (and if the backpack will hold up and not fall to pieces before then). She's growing up fast!

Other random stuff... C loves keys! He is pretty much obsessed with keys and screwdrivers - such a boy! And, I found this fun crayon melting craft on Pinterest and thought the kids would like it. S had a blast and kept saying "Mommy, thank you, this is such an awesome craft!" C on the other hand was not so impressed and kept confiscating all of the very-hard-to-peel-won't-do-it-again-soon-crayons and wouldn't give them back. But, we finished and the finished product is a hit with Little Miss!

No comments: