Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Taking Cover

This week has been terrible as far as weather goes!  Monday AND today we had terrible lightning storms, tornado warnings and flooding in our area.  

On Monday, the worst of the weather was predicted to come through right at dismissal time, so I opted to get the kids out of school so we wouldn't potentially be driving when the storms hit.  I got them out right after lunch(that way they were not counted as absent and I didn't have to worry about feeding them... lol!) and we came home and they were plugged in while I got the "tornado shelter" prepared.  Then the tornado warnings started sounding off on  my phone and we headed to safety.  We stayed for about an hour, and at the same time the school was on lockdown and all the kids were in duck and cover and dismissed late!  I'm glad that none of us had to endure that!  So, after an hour in a cramped closet, I decided we all needed some air and that, according to the radar, the worst of it had passed by us!  We were ready to get out of there!!!

Today, the weather was predicted to be bad for most of the afternoon.  I left the kids at school this time and just stayed at the house watching the weather channel to make sure that things weren't going to be too bad.  The daytime weather really didn't end up getting too rough in our area(it went south of us) and no tornado warnings were issued!  Glad I left them at school!!  

More storms are suppose to come through tonight 9pm - 2am that could bring tornados with them, so I'm sure I'll be up watching the weather channel again in the middle of the night! Sigh!!

Plugged in before the tornado warnings!

Camping out in the closet!

Thank goodness for iPods!


I was happy about my decision to take them
out of school when I was getting these texts from the
school at dismissal time!

No comments: