Thursday, June 2, 2016

First Swim Meet

Tonight was the first swim meet of the year and C's first swim meet ever!  They were so excited, I think more about all the junk food they were going to eat more so than the swimming...Lol!!  

I was helping time during the first half, so I made sure to get my pictures taken during warm-ups, but then M came and I had him take some pictures of the actual meet.  I ended up with lots of pictures and of course I love that!

S swam FIVE events!  She is one of the oldest in the 8U age group, so I guess that means she will be swimming more this year!  She did 25free, 25back, 50free, and 2 relays(swimming freestyle in both of them).  She came away improving her times by 3-4 seconds from her personal best from last year!  Amazing!!

C swam two events!  He is the absolute youngest on the team and was the only 5-year-old at the entire meet!  He also swims in the 8U group so he was against kids S's age!  He did 25free and 25back.  He made it the entire length of the pool and did not get disqualified so that was a win for him!  

I am so so so proud of both kids and all of the hard work they are putting into their swimming already this summer!

Warm-ups:







Let the meet begin!