Thursday, June 30, 2016

End of June

June's gone...what!?!??

We went to a library event that the kids were actually into
more than I thought they would be;)

Swim meet against Darcy's neighborhood! S killed it on her
freestyle this meet, taking 3 seconds off and she did butterfly
without getting disqualified:)  C did not have a very good meet
and ended up getting disqualified in backstroke(?!?!?) and
breastroke:(  Poor kid was so discouraged!

We had to go to the county courthouse because I made a statement
and was called as a witness regarding the "mean dogs" continue
to get out and roam the neighborhood!  These are like $15000 dogs
meant to kill!  Anyway, the kids were very educated this morning as
they witnessed a lady get arrested right in the room we were sitting in.
I tried to use it as a teaching moment and put some fear of doing the
wrong thing in them - not sure if it worked but I had no less than
1000 questions as we drove home!

We went to what I was led to believe as going to be a little
pool party!  Umm... they had no less than 20 girls(you know C
didn't do well when he realized that he was the only boy there
until thankfully another brother showed up!)!  Half of S's class was
there I think!!!

Sweet moment!  Gotta take them when I can get them:)

We attended an outdoor wedding, with no tents, in 97* weather
and all about melted!  It was beautiful - but the heat!!

Shopkins unite!!

M tried out the egg cooker we gave him for Father's Day!
It was great and easy and fast!

A friend and I attended a dinner and earring making night and
had the best time and the best food!  A much-needed girls night out!

We joined some friends at the Children's Museum!  C's favorite
part and I couldn't get him to leave to explore the rest of the
museum for quite a while!

While I was stuck at the construction site, S was able
to tour around and see other stuff with Liam and his mom! 

C was playing with my phone while S was at piano lessons.  He
caught me making my grocery list - I have been so spoiled with both
kids being in school this past year and not having to take them to
the store with me because it is torture!!!

Last regular swim meet of the season!  C's best friend at the pool,
Henry, has been on Guppies this year but he is really good and was
able to come and swim at the meet with us!  C was beside himself
to have him there!!

No comments: