Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hollywild

We made our annual trip to Hollywild tonight and really had a great time!!!

We arrived just after it opened and there were very few cars there as it was still pretty wet from all the rain we've had!  We ate Chick-fil-A on the way there like we have made tradition and do every year:)  S sat with me and C drove - he really drove!!  LOVED every minute of it too!

The deer field is now pre-pay at the gate, so probably half the people there opted out of it and went around it, so there were not nearly the crowds inside the fenced in area as there usually are!  It made it nice because sooo many animals came up to our windows!  We preferred to feed the deer, however we had a humongous cow visit our car on more than one occasion!  I made M floor it when the one with the giant horns started to stick his head in!  I can only take so much!!  And, they always come to my window too!  I screamed!

After a very entertaining time in the deer field, we went to the barn where the kids fed bottles to the goats(and the goats were actually hungry enough to finish off both bottles!), looked at the buffalo, camels, donkeys, zebras and so much more!

This might have been my favorite experience at Hollywild yet!!!!

Checking out the lights!

Driving!  It was a bumpy, rutted ride so this picture is blurry
but I thought this needed to be documented!

Deer at my window:)

It was COLD!

Cheese!

S would only feed the baby goats:)  If the big ones got near her
bottle she would pull it back out and tell them to go away!  HA!

C loved it when the goats would pull hard on the bottle!

M flanked by two goats standing up!  It was really funny!
Here comes a deer for some food!



I didn't know that I had the camera rolling for this video!  You can't see anything, but you can hear our reaction when the HUGE cow stuck its head in our window!  Mainly you hear me screaming!!!!!  The cow actually wiped its slobbery nose on my shirt!  Gross!!  I jumped back so fast and hard that I bruised my bum on the console and since S was sitting on the console, I sent her flying into the floorboard of the back seat!  What fun!!!



1 comment:

Amy and Michael said...

Hahaha, I laughed out loud when I read/heard this. Hate to miss this!