Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Grove Park Inn

Gigi and I took the kids to visit The Grove Park Inn today to check out all the gingerbread houses that were displayed around!  It has been several years since I've been and it was apparently a very popular day to go because it was absolutely packed!  

We arrived about 10:30am and it wasn't too bad at this point, but within an hour we felt somewhat like sardines!  We saw all of the displays and were all very impressed by what people can do with gingerbread and sugar!  

Of course it would not have been a trip to The Grove Park without getting their infamous hot chocolates (that were $9 each!!!!!)!!  They were delicious the kids said and I am taking their word on it because I was not about to buy yet another for me at that price:)  

We ended our day there with a visit to check out the spa(boy would I love to actually get a massage there one day!!) where the kids scored some goodies!

I think we should make this a tradition!


This was where the hot chocolate was sold and it was
actually a real, life size, gingerbread house!





This was the 1st place overall winner!





My personal favorite - all the fairies and details were so
amazing! Their wings were even iridescent! 


That's $18+tax you're looking at right there!



No comments: