Wednesday, August 21, 2013

1st Day of Kindergarten

Oh what a day!!!

I actually walked my baby girl to her first day of kindergarten - it was almost a surreal feeling as we walked down the hall, with her leading the way and dropped her off:)  She was so so so excited and couldn't wait to get into her class. I made her stand outside and could barely snap 2 pictures before she was over it!  HA!  Get use to it sweet girl, I will never stop taking them!  

As we turned around and walked back to the car, I began to tear up which I didn't think I would do, but was soon distracted by a certain little 3-year-old.  

I picked her up in a forever-long carpool line and was close to tears again when I saw her walk out to get in the car.  I didn't get a whole lot out of her about what she did, but she did say she made 4 friends(2 boys and 2 girls) but didn't know their names and that her favorite part was coloring.  

She was very excited as she got into bed tonight, with visions of kindergarten dancing in her head!  

OH, and I was told that she did not want me to walk her in tomorrow, but wanted me to drop her off at the door!  So independent!!

I started the tradition with S when she was going into K3.  I have her tell me all about her favorites.  Here is her list:
TV Show - Team Umizoomi (although I think it is really Sofia the First)
Food - Ice Cream
Best Friend - Tessa
Candy - Mints
Color - Pink
Book - Ariel
Activity - Playing with C-man (This is what she said last year too! They really, really do love each other!  Sweet girl!)
What she wants to be - Animal Rescuer









1 comment:

Amy and Michael said...

How wonderful that she has friends and is so excited for school. She is gonna be the smartest girl in the class!