Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yummy

At Mom to Mom yesterday, I was told that it may be too late to get S to take a bottle. WHAT?!?!?! See, I went back to work for about 2 weeks at the beginning of January and S took a bottle fine while I was away. However, since that time, I have not made her take a bottle. Over the last week or so I have had other people try and give her oneand she will NOT take it. She SCREAMS when they try and give it to her. So, is it too late? Yesterday afternoon I tried a few suggestions that some ladies gave me to try and get her to accept the bottle - a faster flowing nipple and even a sippy cup. Neither of these worked, but I am going to try both of them again today.

That being said, I decided to go ahead and start her on cereal. Last night M and I attempted S's first feeding. I don't know how much she actually ate, but the good news is that she did not scream when we were trying to feed her. Two weeks of this and then it's on to veggies and fruits:)



4 comments:

KLee said...

Keep trying! Maybe she will give in! We will say a little prayer that she will! Glad she enjoyed the cereal!

It's a Mom Thing said...

That baby girl was just ready for some real food! Maybe try letting Michael feed her the cereal and while she is in her high chair offer her a bottle or sippy cup. Just another idea. And you stay in another room.

Michelle Y said...

Break out the bibs! Food can be messy - its the perfect time to use the "Clemson" bib when you start to feed her carrots....they will just blend right in!

TCW said...

I love the cereal face. It took OK a little while to get the hang of eating off the spoon and then it was all over from there. I praying about the bottle thing.