Tuesday, February 5, 2008

On Sunday, we had our VERY brave friends, Amanda and Ryan come over to watch the first half of the game. HA, yeah, we kicked them out at half time:) We are so rude! Anyway, this is the first time since S was born (right about 4 months) that we've had people over in the evening. That is how fussy she is!! She did okay, but still not exactly an enjoyable evening. It can only get better, right?!?!

Last night was our first girls' bible study - Yay! Even if I had to leave a bit early to feed S. Actually, we hadn't even started the bible study part yet before I had to leave. Oh well, at least I got a chance to socialize a bit:) We were at a girl's house and she has an 8 month old little boy. He was in the room with us and was as pleasant as could be and so happy. I couldn't help but think of how S is at night and what a different picture our home is during the evening hours. Is it teething, reflux, what?!?! I am going to have to ask the pediatrician tomorrow. I just don't feel it is normal! Oh please let it be something that can be fixed easily!! I am looking forward to some happy days!

Oh, speaking of happy days, the weather today makes me VERY happy! It is 74 degrees outside and BEAUTIFUL! Since S was napping, I went outside and played w/ Abby and read on the back deck. I know how the door open and can feel the breeze and hear the birds as I sit here on the computer! When S wakes up, I am going to go for a run with her and Abby. Can't wait!! Ahhh... a glimpse of what is hopefully Spring right around the corner:)

2 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

I wish I had a magic cure for your evening blues. I would definitely consult your ped about it, though. Have you tried swaddling and bouncing at the same time? Will she take a paci? Just some ideas that worked for us. Glad you enjoyed some time outside today...it was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the weather too! WE called the nighttime thing the "witching HOURS" he was so angelic except for the hours of 5-8! I guess you could dip her paci in a nice Chablis??? HAHAHAHA kidding! Maybe mommy needs some!