Friday, February 8, 2008

4 Months Old

Today Stella is officially 4 months old! Wow! Last night our friends had their twin baby boys and I was thinking it doesn't seem that long ago that we were in the hospital with Stella. Time flies (some of the time!). At her appt, she looked very healthy. She is now 13lb 3oz(41 percentile) and is 25.25(83 percentile) in long. So, we have a tall and lean baby:) I was also told by the doctor that I could start her eating "real" food anytime b/w now and 6 months. Good grief! I can't bring myself to do it yet. I told myself that I can have until March 1 to mentally prepare for this. It just makes it seem like she is growing up so fast. I enjoy feeding her and think I may have a hard time with this adjustment. I never would have thought that when I first began breastfeeding. Also, I asked the doctor about Stella's fussy times. He said that it could be reflux from what I was describing to him. We started her on medication yesterday and we'll see if it helps. She is not a fan of the meds, though. I hope she is injesting enough being that she spits SO much of it out!

As a 4 month celebration we went shopping! We went to a HUGE consignment sale this morning and bought way too much - but had a blast doing it. Here are some of my purchases:


And, Stella has begun to make a snarling face at us. It is really quite humorous. I tried to capture it in a picture, but it does now show truly how funny it is.

6 comments:

Outnumbered! said...

The time does fly by. I know I felt the same way about introducing Riley to foods. The whole first year is about getting into a routine and then having to change the routine to add food or drop naps, etc. It isn't good for those of us who don't like change! :)

You look like you got a bunch of cute stuff at the sale!

KLee said...

What fun cute clothes you got for that sweet girl!
Hope the meds help her and you! :)
As for the food--do it when YOU are ready. We started the week before she turned 6 months. The older they are the more control they have of their tongue and will be less likely to push the food out. But, again, do what works best for you and for Stella! She is such a sweetie!

It's a Mom Thing said...

LOVE the clothes. Don't you just love shopping for her! I'm glad your appt went well and hopefully the new meds will make a difference for her. Like K said, don't worry about rushing into the cereal/foods. You can wait until six months, no problem. And I still nursed all through that time. Love that silly face! She has the most amazing eyes. Cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

AGHHHHHHHHH love the outfits! YOu did good mommy! She is so cute---I swear those are some of the prettiest eyes I have EVER seen! Listen I may be the 3rd one to say this but I DID NOT rush food with William---I paced myself and went at HIS pace--don't let anyone tell you to try this or that...you are her mommy..you do what you feel is BEST! Look how awesome you have done so far!!!

Shelby said...

First, LOVE the pic of her facial expression!

Second, LOVE the clothes you found! Even though I LOVE having a boy, buying girl clothes are MUCH more fun! You did good!

Third, as far as the "fussy" stuff with her that may be reflux, I'll share my experience, for what it's worth. I only nursed Stone for 6 weeks, as my milk never came in, so this may not quite apply to you. However, Stone had "reflux" until 9 months, or so that's what the doctor's could gather from what I described too. However, remember this: doctors are GREAT, but you as the mom know your child the best. Turns out, that when he was around 9 months, I switched his formula to a "lactose-free" formula and I tell you, it was a COMPLETELY different child altogether.. fussiness was gone, gas was gone, he slept through the night and over all was a much happier baby (although he was a very happy baby anyway, it's just he would spit up A LOT and sometimes even spit up the entire bottle right after eating it.) Anyway, I know you're nursing, but it may be what you're eating (i.e. regular dairy products) that may be affecting. I know I'm no doctor, but even after putting Stone on zantac, it still didn't help him with the spit up or sleeping through the night or fussiness at night. Just a guess, and like I said, my 2 cents worth! Hope things work out!

Michelle Y said...

Love the cute clothes! I think we went to the same sale! I bought lots of cute clothes for Jameie3 too - but girls clothes are way cuter!