Monday, February 18, 2008

A Busy, Busy Weekend

We had a great weekend! On Saturday, my parents came to town and watched S while we went to the Brad Paisley concert. WHAT A BLAST!!!! We had so much fun and even splurged and got snacks while we were there - totally ridiculous price but it was yummy!

Chuck Wicks - not a big fan of him. I do like his Stealing Cinderalla song, though!


Rodney Adkins did a great job! And, of course, Brad Paisley was WONDERUL!!!!!


On Sunday, S was dedicated to our Lord and her grandparents and great grandmother were able to be there for such a special day. After the dedication, everyone came back over to our house and I made brunch. And, if I do say so myself, it was very good! (More pictures to come, but they are all on my mom's and MIL cameras)

The Family at the church.

S joining the party after her nap.

S and Grandpa.


S and her other grandpa.


S and her great grandma.

After everyone had left, the MUCH ANTICIPATED Daytona 500 came on! M and I have been waiting for months for NASCAR to start up again! We love, love to watch it:) M is a big Tony Stewart fan and my favorite it Matt Kenseth. Although neither of them won, it was a really good race! Oh, a side note, when my water broke back in October, it was in the middle of a race. Guess what the first thing M does when we get to the triage room.... turns on the race and is mad that during the drive to the hospital we've missed the end of it. I was thinking, great, I'm laboring here and all you can think about is missing a race?!?!?!



Winner - Ryan Newman

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your weekend was fantastic!!!! I have to drive home this week, so I will give you a call on my way. My plan is still to come the 29th pending on emergency room visit!!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME weekend! Well on our wedding day....Jordan was back watching baseball and a RACE in the choir room! SO glad he was reflecting on our LOVE! :) Can't wait to see close up pics of that sweet baby in her gown!
I was happy for Ryan Newman...did you see when his Dad was crying during his intereview...I cried!

Shelby said...

Okay, you racing fans crack me up! Your and Beth's stories make me laugh! I guess I can't be too critical though, seeing as how in college, I dated a guy who LOVED nascar too. And my own hubs will watch on occasion, even though he's not a die-hard fan. (I never did get the point of it.. I mean, if you're going to race and go that fast, at least get somewhere instead of going around in circles!! Let's see who can go across the country the fastest, or get to the mall the quickest, etc.) Fun story though!

Double Dees in SC said...

The concert looked like tons of fun!! I am also a Brad fan! Glad you and M had a good time. And baby S looked absolutely precious in her gown on Sunday! You both should be extremely proud to show that baby girl off!