Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day:)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

M and I started the day off by running a 5k race downtown for the first time in over FIVE years! WOW! It was so fun to run it "together" - he left me just to finish less than a minute ahead of me:) He ran a 26min30sec run and I ran a 27min20sec run. Since neither of us trained really for this and we don't run often at all, we were very happy with how we did - although we may be so sore we can't get out of bed in the morning!:) Seriously!!

I tried to have fun St.Patrick's Day surprises for the kids throughout the day. They had Lucky Charms for the first time ever. C ate all the marshmallows and S ate the cereal part so they were both happy! I also did a pot of gold(gold chocolate coins) at the end of the rainbow - big hit! And, for dinner, we had green waffles. I had fun coming up with cute, inexpensive ideas for our day!

M and the kids also planted part 1 of the garden consisting of lettuce and broccoli while I went to the grocery store. He said that S planted all of it by herself without much help from him at all! What a special thing for the kids to learn how to do with their daddy!!


No comments: