Friday, March 30, 2012

Coffee and Fountains

In my head this sounded like a lot of fun! In reality it made me want to pull my hair out!!

After a good workout nothing sounded better than sitting at a new-to-me coffee shop, drinking some decaf, and letting the kids have a cookie so that they were quiet and I could actually enjoy my coffee. Ummm.... my kids, quiet, HAHAHAHA!!! What was I thinking? We get to the coffee shop, order our coffee and cookie and then I tell the nice lady behind the counter that we'll be eating outside. You see, I wasn't the only one who thought it would be a perfect day for a cup o' joe, but I was the only one with kids who had the idea! I wanted them to have a peaceful drink, so I took one for the team and headed to the lone outside table:) I gave the kids their cookie, they devoured it in 6.2 seconds and then my quiet, happy little bubble went "pop"!! I packed us up, and thought, 'hey, the swings and fountains are just a block away, let's go take a look'. Why do I do this to myself! Granted, the kids had a blast, but Mommy was a bit stressed out! One kid was climbing rocks while the other flirted with the idea of an early spring swim! Ahhh.... I didn't last too long, and my to-go coffee that was sitting in the stroller was now cold b/c I was scared not to have 2 hands free at all times with the crazies!

We left.
I was glad to get into the car where nobody could move.
We came home.
Exhausting.

**Note to self - Think these "great ideas" through a little bit better next time!!!**

No comments: