Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day Trip - Charlotte

Today the kids and I took a day trip to Charlotte. It was awesomely fun, but at the same time awesomely exhausting!

We went to a science center there because the membership was supposedly reciprocal with the one I have for our local science center. Well, once there they told me it was not reciprocal but couldn't explain why (I can tell you why, because they were wrong!:)). So, they honored my membership and we all got in free...yay!! We went into the hands-on room (SO COOL!!) and both kids had a blast. I will warn you though, you need at LEAST one adult per child. Chasing two kids by myself was almost overwhelming! After spending quite some time in this room, we went to the 3D movie about bugs which kept both kids' attention for practically then entire 30 minute move. S did ask a lot of questions and C did require a paci, but all in all, a good "movie" experience for us! We then checked out the sea creatures and the rain forest where S was able to touch some of the animals. After all of this, we grabbed lunch (which I packed and am so glad I did because it saved us a bundle!). There was an entire floor that we didn't get to because honestly I was so worn out from what we'd already done that I couldn't do any more. Like I said, have at last one adult per child and you could easily spend and entire day here!

After the science center we went to visit with my aunt and uncle who live in Charlotte. They had not seen S since she was like a month old and had never met C! It was great to see them and let the kids play with their relatives (they have 2 little granddaughters so their house was well stocked with toys!)!

It was a great trip and we will do it again, but next time we'll take some help with us!!













2 comments:

Jessica said...

So impressed you got them to let you in free!

Double Dees in SC said...

Hey, there is no shame in pushing back when something is not right, especially when you knew better. I would have done the same! You go girl!