Sunday, May 29, 2011

Washington DC

One of my roommates from college got married this weekend in DC. I had planned to take the trip by myself, but M insisted that we make it a family affair. Ugg... I dreaded this for months!!

On Friday we woke up and got ourselves ready and then woke the kids up and were out the door my 5:45am. We drove, and drove, and drove and ELEVEN hours later pulled up to our hotel all exhausted and tired and poor C was so congested and sick! We tried to bunk the kids into a room together, but that was a big fat fail (we'll have to try again when C is a little older).

On Saturday we rode the Metro (the first time for both kids on a train which S was a huge fan of) about an hour down to the National Mall area. It was a relatively warm day and we only had a stroller for C. S was a trouper, but she did tire quickly. We went into the castle, took pics of course, ate pretzels on the steps of the Dept of Agriculture(while M went to see what he could see) and spent some time in the Museum of Natural History. After all of that, we were all ready to head back to the hotel. Back onto the Metro for an hour, into the car, stop for lunch (at 3pm!!) and then to the hotel for the kids to take naps. That night was the wedding. Since C was not feeling well and needed to get his rest, I took S with me and left the boys at the hotel. She LOVED the wedding and was enamored by the bride and her dress! She DANCED, DANCED and DANCED some more!! Totally in her element! She wore me and my girlfriends completely out! I am so glad she was able to go with me and that she did so well while we were there!

On Sunday, we woke up, ate breakfast and were back on the road home! It was an absolute whirlwind trip and we are all very tired. But, it was fun too, and considering everything we put them through, the kids were both really good!!











1 comment:

Double Dees in SC said...

What a fun trip and I am super impressed that you already have it blogged! Love your dress, Caroline!