Thursday, April 9, 2009

18 Month Stats

We went to the pediatrician today for S's 18 month well visit! This was by far the best experience yet we've had. S was really good and didn't cry but for maybe 2 seconds when she got her shots (thanks to the lollipop!). Also a huge help was me remembering to bring crayones. This child loves to color! She laid down on her little belly with only a t-shirt and diaper on and went to town. We had to laugh at how cute she was as she intently colored her growth charts!

The doctor and I did have a discussion involving the possibility of having a "strong-willed" child on my hands! Looks like I need to do a bit of reading. I've read Dr. Dobson's Strong Willed Child(this one had a lot of good info in it and I should probably reread it) and also Shepherding a Child's Heart(did not like this one). Any other suggestions?!?!

Stats:
Weight 22lb12oz (27%tile)
Height 33in (86%tile)

Developmentally, S is right on schedule!

The lollipop that helped save the day!

3 comments:

w and js mommy said...

SO can I please just laugh and say at Jay's 9 month he was 21 lbs and was 29 almost 30 inches!!! HAHAHA MY KID is HUGE! hahahahahahaha
Uh on the strong willed child thing...START PRAYING...and talk to Kendra--she has really been a CHAMP. Mostly she will say be consistent..and routine is KEY!

KLee said...

What Beth said. I have also started reading Sacred Parenting and I like the first couple of chapters. (It may be similar to Shepherding though--about the heart issues, but I haven't read that one either). And what about that chart we got at M2M? I haven't used it yet, but it might be worth a shot.

Michelle Y said...

Is strong-willed another word for stubborn? If so, I have a strong-willed child too. After you learn what to do, pass on some of the advice to me! Stella is a sweetie!