Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mother's Day

This past Sunday we didn't spend Mother's Day with either of our mothers! How awful is that?!?!!? I had gone down to Atlanta the night before and me, my brother and my dad took Mom to dinner for Mother's Day. Michael's mom was out of town and didn't get back until late on Sunday. So, needless to say, we were on our own. It was such a gorgeous day that we packed a picnic dinner to a park on the lake about 5 minutes from our house and spent the evening watching kayakers, families with kids playing ball and a bridal party taking pictures. It was so relaxing and wonderful! You better believe I will be going back often - and probably take my pup with me to join in the fun! Here is a picture, but it doesn't really do the place justice. And, also, ignore the way that we look, we had a lot going on that day and are looking a little on the rough side (ha! especially me!!!).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AGHHHH your actual 1st Mother's day! What a great pic ...look at that cute belly!

It's a Mom Thing said...

I don't think you and Michael ever really look "rough."

And Beth's right, it was your first Mother's Day...how special.