Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Inevitable

Okay, I couldn’t deny it any longer, I NEEDED to wear maternity pants! I am sure that my coworkers are tired of seeing me come in w/ my pants unbuttoned and “hiding” it with a belt. So, this morning at exactly 18 weeks, I decided I would wear them. Uggg… I have been avoiding this for weeks. I put them on and ya know, they are SO COMFORTABLE!!! I am wearing the kind w/ elastic and it feels like I am wearing pajamas. They are still a little big on me, but it definitely beats having my entire lower abdomen in cramping pain from wearing my pants too tight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA that made me smile ALOT! You will look good in a potato sack so I'm sure you look GREAT! Can't wait to see the elastic waist!

Anonymous said...

You're so silly! I'm sure you look absolutely precious in your maternity pants! Just think of all the envious gals (me) who can't wait to have a pooch like yours. Not ready for a baby yet, but bring on the pooch and an excuse to wear comfy pants to work!
(so this if the first time i've ever even posted a comment on a blog - kinda fun!)

It's a Mom Thing said...

I think I'm the crazy one b/c I couldn't wait to get into maternity clothes so everyone would know I was pregnant. I loved those elastic waistbands...so comfy.

FYI -you can always use a rubberband around the button of your "regular" pants to give them a little stretch.

I can't wait to see your cute little mama self!

Caroline said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Amanda!!! Ain't it great:)

Ohhh... the rubberband idea sounds great! I'm going to have to try that. Thanks!!

My little mama self don't look so much cute as fat at this point - but hopefully it won't be long before I look pregnant!

Annie said...

M, I am with you about wanting to get into Maternity pants. There was a phase that it just looked like a beer belly, and I was glad to let everyone know that I was pregnant rather than a boozer. :)