Friday, August 5, 2016

Zoo Camp

This week the kids attended zoo camp, Wild Carolina!  We did this camp two years ago and it was a huge success then and, again, it did not disappoint!  When I signed them up back in early March, I knew they were going to be in the same group(6-8 years old) and thought it was awesome!  However, my kids have been together a LOT this summer and a couple hours away from each other probably would have done them well!  But, it is what it is and we are now in the summer homestretch:)

It started on a Monday and of course S had the stomach bug(she only threw up one time, though, so maybe something she ate??)!  She was back and ready to join C on Tuesday!

They learned about lots of animals, came home with comments including words like "the Piedmont of South Carolina" and "habitat"!  Pretty impressive and they obviously learned quite a bit while having a ball!

Monday, C had to go solo(and in all honestly, he was a bit
apprehensive when I left him alone - but I'm sure that was
very short lived!!)

Tuesday - BOTH kids ready to go!

From the pictures, it seems that they stayed together a lot during the camp:)

S petting a turtle






Check out C - I don't think finger painting was what the teachers had in mind!
Leave it to my crazy kid!!

No comments: