Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving in Raleigh

Wednesday morning we finally got away from the house at about 10:50am.  Just south of Charlotte there was a really bad accident and we detoured off I-85 and made the rest of our trip on I-40.  We are thinking that next year we'll just go I-40 all the way as the traffic is much lighter than on I-85!

We arrived to the hotel in 4.5 hours with plenty of time for the kids to play with Jack and Bo and swim!  They had a ball - I think all four of the kids were so thankful to be out of the cars!!

Wednesday night shenanigans at the hotel with cousins!

Swimming time!


Thursday morning we up and ready to go!  But, first we all had to get ready, get a little work out in and then get the food ready to go!

When we got to Chaney's house I didn't see the kids for a couple of hours until it was time to eat!  We ate way too much, but then still went back for dessert!  The kids took over the basement for a while and then the boys and dads took a walk to the creek - and the kids all went through the creek with C going all the way in up to his neck!  Sigh!  Leave it to my kid!!!  When the guys got back to the house and M stripped C down to get him changed, we noticed that he was completely broken out in hives and welts!!  WHAT!?!?!??  We have no idea how long he'd been broken out or what caused it, but it was quite scary!  He was covered for the rest of the trip and doped up on Benadryl and Zyrtec!  (I'm writing this on Sunday, and he still has them although they are probably 90% gone finally!)  Keep in  mind that this is the same child who couldn't walk less than a week ago and was still limping as we arrived at Chaney's!  Poor kiddo has had  rough go of it!!


Patiently, or not-so-patiently, waiting to go to lunch with our
family!

S quite enjoyed Thanksgiving morning at the hotel watching
the Macy's Day Parade - me too!


S and Lucy

Back porch gathering:)

On the swingset playing with Bo!

Us and Mr. Turkey!

These 3 were inseparable - S, Kate and Lucy

Uncle Bobby and Jennifer
Enthralled:)

All the family!

Lunch fun!



Friday we spent the majority of the day at the fishing club before hitting the road to come home!  This had become our Friday tradition and everyone loves it!  There's fishing, games, lots of good food and company, bonfires and s'mores(we left too early to get any s'mores this year and the kids were quick to point that out! HA!!).

It was an amazing Thanksgiving in Raleigh and I hope that our kids our making as wonderful of memories as I did growing up with cousins!!

I think we are all looking forward to doing it all again next year!

M and C spent a lot of time out on the boat fishing!





I was a bit nervous having Connor drive me to meet up with M and C!

We made it, though, and I got to fish with the boys for a while:)


Kate, S and Boss going to see the waterfall!

Check out the size of her lunch!!!

After the quick boatride to see the waterfall this is where these 3 spent
the rest of the day!

Girl talk:)

Done fishin'!

I'm not sure what C likes better, fishing or playing with the bait!
Dylan and C flying the plane - and crashing it a lot too!



Jennifer giving Dylan and C tattoos!

Uncle Bobby entertaining C with bubbles!

C and I playing corn hole! 

The Bell Crazies having a powwow in the smallest spot they could find!

No comments: