Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy Weekend - Soccer Game, Ice Skating Party and a New Baby!!

Today was packed full of activities!!!

This morning we had S's first soccer game of the season!  She has moved up an age level and is playing on a 6-7  year old girls team!  We know about half of the team, but are still learning the names of the other girls.  The field has also gotten longer for this age group.  There are 13 girls on the team, and 7(including the goalie) play at a time.  It was fun to watch how much more they understand the game at this age and how much faster the playing moves up and down the field(especially the older girls!).  S did a great job and even blocked a goal while she was playing goalie at one point!  It is so fun to watch her play and be a soccer mom:)  I am honestly surprised how much I get into the game!  We forgot chairs for the game, but I told M afterwards that we just don't even need to worry about lugging them on and off the field because I don't think I'd be able to sit and watch anyway:)  I gottta be on my feet!  HA!!  

I think they won this game 2-1, but we aren't really suppose to keep score!  The girls knew though!!!

Praying before the game starts - S is on the white team - The Zebras!


Got her goalie gear on!


Team huddle

She had just stopped a goal!


She is #3:)

Throwing the ball in

She had a smile on her face the entire game!

We had pictures done before the game and although I did purchase one,
the Bobbies got a picture as well!
After the game, we grabbed a quick lunch and then S and I went to the ice skating rink for a birthday party along with several of the other girls from the team - they had a busy, busy day!!!  She loves to ice skate and is pretty fearless when out on the ice as well!  I had originally planned to skate with her, but because of the stupid sledding incident, I didn't want to risk hurting it(again!) so S was on her own out there!  HA!  I probably would have just slowed her down anyway!  She got one of the walker things and was zooming around the ice!  She had a ball and other than some bruises/blisters on her ankles, she loved everything about it!




While we were at the party, M took C to ride tractors!  Elliott and Daven met them over there and here are the shenanigans they were all up to!  Oh boy!!



And, big news, I am an AUNT!!  Woohoo!!  Get to spoil and love on a little baby and then go home:)  That's the way to do it!!  Aunt Brooke had her baby boy on Friday evening and we were able to go(with the kids which I wasn't sure they would let them on the maternity floor during the winter, but they did!!) and meet him!  So cute!!  The kids love their new baby cousin already - even C who says that he doesn't like babies!!!!






No comments: