Monday, March 10, 2014

Blogging Slacker Updates

I haven't been great about keeping up with posts lately, but I have taken quite a few random pictures at least!

I mentioned in the last post that what comes out of C's mouth lately is hilarious!!  Here are a couple I wanted to make sure I remembered:

-  He was in the backseat of the car and said, "Mommy, I don't like girls.  But I do like snakes and worms!  They are so cool!"  This, I believe by the way he treats little girls, is a completely honest statement!

-  We had gone to visit Brooke in the hospital when she had Jackson last week and then one random day after that he said, "I want to go back to the baby store!"  I thought really hard and couldn't think of what in the world he was talking about so I asked him what he meant.  He said, "Where I got to hold the baby!"  "Oh, you mean the HOSPITAL!!"  HAHA!!  Yes, son, that is how it works!  You just go to the "baby store" and buy a baby:)

I don't know exactly what day these pictures were taken, but probably
about a week ago.  Looking into the kitchen from the stairs.

Dining room

Happy as he can be with a hammer and nails!

They probably would have played on dirt mountain all
day if we had let them:)

C wrote his name for the first time!!

C got this clown nose for Valentine's Day at school(why, I don't know???)
and they have gotten a kick out of it!


Sweet baby Jackson


At school, she won 21 monkeys!  WHAT!?!?!  What are
we going to do with all those!?!?  She was so sweet though when
she got in the car that afternoon she shared about 6 of them
with her brother! 

Last Friday we left the kids at Parents Night Out at The
Little Gym and had a date night!!!  I can't tell you the last
time we got out without the kids!  We went to dinner at Longhorn
and just walked around and enjoyed the quite
(this is Barnes and Noble) until we had
to go get them!

We had a birthday party yesterday and it was such beautiful weather
that the kids decided they should walk up and down the creek...

and do the zip line!  It was such a lovely afternoon!

Silly sticker face girl!

I got a few cookbooks from the library to use with the kids.  They
chose pizza and muffins, and we obliged!  This particular book was great
because it had step by step for the kids in pictures and simple
words!  They could do it all on their own (except for getting
this stubborn dough rolled out!).

We went and had lunch with S at school today!  This is the first
time I've braved taking C with me!  I was worried because this morning
had not started out well at all!  He woke up screaming and crying
because he was so incredibly tired!  But, we went and it was good!  S
was so surprised to see up and loved and showed off her little brother
to all her friends:)
**See the "plumber" in the background!?!?  Poor kid!!
**A kid sitting behind me at the next table threw up while we were there - glad
I wasn't eating!!!

After we got back from lunch with S, it was a beautiful day for a short walk!
All 3 of us loved it!!

1 comment:

Amy and Michael said...

Wow...awesome writing of the name C! Can't believe that...we are no where near it! That is amazing!