Friday, July 19, 2013

Blueberries for Sal... or maybe some other cute little kids!

This morning our summer playgroup met at Arrowhead Acres to pick blueberries!

The weather was great, but H.O.T!!!  I had dressed the kids in jeans to keep the bugs off of them, but we were all melting!  S started out being a great helper but was soon distracted and playing with her friends.  C started out happy to be just eating the berries, but he was soon distracted by being hot and tired of standing out in the sun!

I picked as fast as I possibly could while I attempted to keep up with both of the kids who were wandering around by this point!  I only lost C once - when he was standing about 5 bushes down and wouldn't answer when we called - little booger!!!

After I had picked what I deemed was an acceptable amount, we made our way back to the shade of the shed and I got the kids changed into shorts, paid for my quart of blueberries and the kids played for a few minutes before calling it a day!

Time to enjoy these hard-earned blueberries!!!









No comments: