Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Morning with My Girl

This morning I had a rare morning with my princess!  Grandmamma watched C while S and I went out to enjoy ourselves!!

First stop, the pediatrician.  It may not sound so grand, but S was ecstatic that she had me all to herself!  This was her 5-year-old well check up and all turned out PERFECT:)  And, the advantage to being 5 is that there were no shots involved! 

Next stop, Walmart.  Again, it may not sound so grand until you know that S received two of the same toy for her birthday and this was our day to exchange it and let her choose whatever she wanted to spend the money she got in return for the toy.  I didn't realize it until we were there, but she has never, ever had the chance to go into the toy section and pick out her own toy from the aisles and aisles of toys.  She was so overwhelmed and so overjoyed at this new found freedom!!  She just ran from one toy to the next exclaiming, "There are so many to choose from I just can't decide!"  HAHA!!  I loved it!!  She finally settled on a little FurReal Snuggimals dog and a Snow White crown.  She was extremely satisfied with her choices and was very proud to pay for them at the counter!!

Our final stop, the art studio.  Pure awesomeness with just S!!  This girl loves some art and it was wonderful to be able to give her my 100% undivided attention while she created!  It is amazing the amount of artistic talent and imagination she has!!  It is just crazy to watch what she comes up with simply using crayons, paper, scissors and glue!!

Our morning was one that I am so glad that we had - it was WAY overdue!!  I must remember to do this more often with her as she was so proud to tell everyone(pediatrician, Walmart cashier, art studio owner) that this was her time alone with just Mommy!!  I can not think of a better way to have spent this beautiful Thursday morning!:)






1 comment:

Amy and Michael said...

Sounds like a perfect Mother/Daughter day!